(as of May 26,2023 20:19:15 UTC – Details)
From the Publisher
Cacio e Pepe Mac ’n’ Cheese
Makes 4 to 6 servings
This creamy, delicious crowd-pleaser is a great excuse to clean out the odds and ends of your cheese drawer; just be sure to choose good melters. The recipe requires grinding a full teaspoon of pepper. If you’ve got a pint-sized kitchen helper, I recommend enlisting them for that task.
1. Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Cook the fusilli according to the package directions. Drain and return to the pot.
2. While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a medium pot over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and continue whisking for 2 minutes as the mixture (the roux) bubbles and turns a light golden color. Gradually add the milk, whisking all the while.
Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a simmer, whisking frequently. Simmer for 3 minutes.
3. Remove the sauce from the heat. Stir in the salt and cheeses. Pour the sauce over the drained pasta and stir to combine. Add the pepper and stir once more.
Ingredients 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for the pasta water 1 pound fusilli or other short pasta 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter 1/4 cup all-purpose flour 3 cups whole milk (2% will work in a pinch) 2 cups shredded cheddar, Gruyère, or fontina cheese (or a combination; about 8 ounces) 1/2 cup finely grated pecorino Romano cheese (about 2 ounces) 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or more to taste
Makes 4 servings
Roasting salmon low and slow is a game-changer for foolproof silky, tender fish. And, since this is salmon—not a pork shoulder—“slow” means about 20 minutes. Serve this with crusty bread for soaking up the chile-lime oil.
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2. Pour the olive oil into a small bowl. Zest the limes into the oil, then whisk in the crushed red pepper and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Thinly slice the zested limes.
3. Spread out the lime slices in a 13 × 9-inch baking dish. Top with the salmon fillets. Sprinkle the salmon with the remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt. Nestle the tomatoes and olives around the fish, and pour the olive oil mixture over it all.
4. Bake until the salmon is cooked to the level of doneness you prefer, 20 to 25 minutes for medium. Sprinkle flaky sea salt over everything and serve.
Ingredients 1/2 cup olive oil 2 limes 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided 4 5–6-ounce salmon fillets 1 cup cherry tomatoes 1/2 cup pitted olives (such as Castelvetrano) Flaky sea salt to taste
Publisher : Harvest (September 7, 2021)
Language : English
Paperback : 240 pages
ISBN-10 : 0358434718
ISBN-13 : 978-0358434719
Item Weight : 1.64 pounds
Dimensions : 8 x 0.68 x 9 inches