(as of Mar 13,2023 03:05:58 UTC – Details)
From the Publisher
We are the Crock-Pot Ladies, and we are happy to meet you!
In this book, we share our favorite slow cooker recipes. They will allow you to serve your family, your friends, and your guests delicious dinners using easy-to-shop-for ingredients. We will discover exciting flavors, and we’ll put new twists on old classics!
We have been cooking in our slow cookers for years now. Over the course of time, we have picked up some tips and tricks-from the best features to look for when buying a new slow cooker to the best ways to keep your slow cooker clean and shiny!
Sweet-And-Spicy Honey Buffalo Meatballs
Ingredients 24 ounces (680 g) frozen turkey meatballs ¼ cup (60 g) light or dark brown sugar ¼ cup (60 ml) bottled hot sauce ¼ cup (85 g) honey ¼ cup (80 g) apricot preserves 2 tablespoons (30 ml) low-sodium soy sauce 1½ tablespoons (23 g) cornstarch
Serves 8 | Cook time is 4 to 6 hours on low, or 2 to 4 on high Slow cooker size: 4-quart (3.8-L)
Even though hot sauce is listed as a main ingredient in this recipe, these meatballs are not actually very spicy. Instead, what you get is a meaty turkey meatball with a lovely sweetness followed by just the right amount of spicy heat.
1. Add the frozen meatballs to the slow cooker.
2. In a small mixing bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients until
combined to create the sauce.
3. Pour the sauce mixture over the meatballs and stir to coat.
4. Cover the slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or on high for 2 to 4 hours.
5. Set the slow cooker to the warm setting to keep the meatballs warm while serving.
Cheesy Mozzarella Pesto Chicken Pasta
Ingredients 1 pound (455 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs ½ teaspoon salt ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1 cup (260 g) pesto, store-bought or homemade (page 315) ½ fresh lemon, squeezed ¼ cup (55 g) unsalted butter 16 ounces (455 g) cooked al dente rotini pasta 2 cups (225 g) shredded mozzarella cheese and ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Serves 4 to 6 | Cook time is 5 1/4 to 6 1/4 hours on low Slow Cooker Size: 5-quart (4.7-L) or larger
The whole family will love this easy and tasty dish. The pesto adds a ton of flavor to the chicken and pasta. Pair it with a side dish of your favorite steamed vegetables or a salad for a complete meal!
1. Add the chicken to the slow cooker, season with salt and pepper.
2. Spread the pesto over the chicken and squeeze the juice of 1/2 of a lemon over the chicken and pesto.
3. Cut the butter into pats, place on top of the chicken.
4. Cover the slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
5. When the chicken is cooked, shred the meat with two forks into bite-size pieces. Add the chicken back to the slow cooker.
6. Add the cooked rotini pasta, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese to the slow cooker. Stir.
7. Cover the slow cooker. Cook for an additional 15 min, or until the mozzarella is melted.
Publisher : Harvard Common Press (January 15, 2019)
Language : English
Paperback : 328 pages
ISBN-10 : 1558329242
ISBN-13 : 978-1558329249
Item Weight : 1.7 pounds
Dimensions : 8.13 x 0.88 x 9.13 inches