This Bacon Ranch Corn Dip is out of this world addicting! Just wait until you bring it to the next BBQ or party and everyone’s begging for the recipe!
It is cheesy, creamy and crunchy all at the same time and it has bacon. Need I say more?! This dip only takes 15 minutes to prep and is perfect for feeding a hungry crowd!
How This Recipe Came to Be
A long time ago, years in fact, I had a really delicious corn dip at a bbq and it became quite embarrassing how much of it I ate. I couldn’t stop. Every bite only made me want more and more and all I could think was, I HAVE to have the recipe. Well, not everyone is into sharing their recipes, in fact some flat out refuse. It was a sad moment. And I totally forgot about it until now, and I had to recreate it! So bacon corn ranch dip is totally happening and it’s full of cheesy deliciousness.
What Do I Need for Corn Dip?
So let’s break it down, this cold corn dip involves ranch, bacon, and corn. In other words, it’s three safe foods for picky eaters. Is it just me or have you all noticed that even kids and adults who refuse to eat anything seem to be okay with these three foods?
Bacon is obvious, corn is so sweet and good — and even better if you grill it, but that’s not necessary— and ranch. I don’t know why ranch is a picky eater pleaser, but it does work! Here is a complete list of everything you will need:
- Corn – ideally you want fresh corn on the cob, but if it’s not corn season, then frozen corn works great
- Ranch Dressing – we prefer to make it from scratch or use a ranch packet rather than buying a bottle of ranch dressing
- Sour Cream – you can double the ranch dressing if you don’t have sour cream and want extra ranch flavor
- Shredded Cheese – we used cheddar and pepperjack for this recipe and you can use any combination of cheese you want
- Bell Peppers – you will chop these up and sauté them to soften them a little and add great grilled flavor
- Diced Green Chiles – drain them well, they add such great flavor and a little heat
- Green Onions – these add a beautiful pop of color and fresh flavor
- Bacon – cook your bacon ahead of time until it’s crispy and let it cool, head to our how to cook bacon post for all our tips and cooking the perfect bacon
The measurements for all the ingredients are listed in the recipe card at the end of this post. You can also save or print the recipe there.
How to Make Corn Dip with Bacon
This cheesy corn dip couldn’t be easier to make! Here are the basic steps to making this summer dip:
- Sauté the bell peppers until softened.
- Once the peppers have cooled down, mix together with the corn, ranch, sour cream, cheeses, and chiles.
- Garnish the cold corn dip with green onions and crumbled bacon.
Tips for Making Cold Corn Dip
You’re welcome to use frozen corn or grilled corn that’s been cut off the cob in this recipe. If using frozen corn, let it thaw to room temperature before mixing it with the other ingredients.
If you can’t find ranch dressing where you live, you can easily make your own. We have a Homemade Ranch Dressing recipe that we love!
For a spicier corn dip, use hot green chiles rather than mild. You could also add minced jalapenos to the dip.
Let the dip sit for at least 4 hours or up to overnight for the flavors to meld together. Wait to add the garnishes until right before serving.
What to Eat with this Dip
I could honestly sit down with a bowl of this dip and eat it like pudding, but that’s not healthy or fair for everyone else at the party…haha! So hear are a few idea of how to get this dip into your belly:
- Tortilla Chips
- Pita Chips
- Ritz Crackers
- Pretzel Crisps
- Wheat Thins
- Baguette – thinly sliced
How Long Does Corn Dip Last?
It will keep about a week in the refrigerator, although it seldom lasts that long at our house. Don’t let it sit out at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
Can I Prep Corn Dip in Advance?
Yes, although if you’ll be serving this to guests I recommend eating it within the first 24 hours of making it. Also, it’s best if you wait to garnish the cheesy corn dip until just before serving it.
I need you to make this bacon ranch corn dip as soon as possible because it is the dip of the gods! Dip away, dip, dip, dip away my friends! You’ll be the new star of every bbq!!
Best PARTY DIPS You Can’t Resist:
Bacon Ranch Corn Dip
Servings: 6 -8 servings
The best bacon and ranch corn dip recipe! This dip only takes 15 minutes to prep and is perfect for feeding a hungry crowd!
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Bell Peppers , chopped (I use red and orange)
- 3 Cups Frozen Corn (or grilled and cut off the cob)
- 1/2 Cup Ranch Dressing , we prefer to make our own from the packet or from scratch
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream , or double the ranch for extra ranch flavor and omit the sour cream
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Pepperjack Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Can Diced Green Chiles 4oz, drained
- Salt and pepper , to taste
- Green Onions , for garnish
- 4 Slices Bacon , cooked and chopped
Heat a large sauté pan to medium heat and add a small drizzle of olive oil. Add the peppers and sauté until tender. Remove from heat to cool.
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil, 1 Cup Bell Peppers
In a large bowl, mix together the corn, ranch, sour cream, cheeses, sautéed peppers, and chiles.
3 Cups Frozen Corn, 1/2 Cup Ranch Dressing, 1/2 Cup Sour Cream, 1/2 Cup Shredded Pepperjack Cheese, 1/2 Cup Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese, 1 Can Diced Green Chiles
Add salt and pepper to taste (it will take a few pinches of salt with all of that corn and the dressing).
Salt and pepper
Top with green onions and bacon.
Green Onions, 4 Slices Bacon
Dip should not sit out for more than 2 hours.
Bacon Ranch Corn Dip
Amount Per Serving (1 cup)
Calories from Fat 243
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 10g63%
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 7g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Vitamin A 1080IU22%
Vitamin C 39mg47%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.