Cook tender, flaky air fryer salmon fillets in just minutes using the air fryer!
Salmon filets are simply seasoned and cook in less than 10 minutes in the air fryer. They make a perfect weeknight meal!
Serve these with a side of rice pilaf, or use them to top a salad or favorite pasta dish.
We Love Salmon in the Air Fryer
- An air fryer saves time and cooks much faster than a traditional oven.
- It’s easy to prepare and cleanup is a breeze.
- With an air fryer, salmon is cooked evenly and always comes out moist and flavorful with a crispy, glazed top.
- You can add your favorite seasonings, sauces or marinades to achieve a unique taste.
- Perfect for a quick and healthy dinner or to top a salad or pasta dish.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Salmon
Salmon – Choose fillets that are clean and the same size, so they cook evenly. Thaw frozen fillets or frozen salmon patties before cooking, and add minutes for extra thick fillets.
Seasoning – This 5 ingredient brown sugar seasoning couldn’t be any easier! Sugar-free brown sugar substitutes work just as well. Swap up the seasonings by adding your favorite spices like smoked paprika or try a salmon seasoning.
Variations – Use what’s on hand or make your own seasonings for air fryer salmon to make it new every time! Try this Cajun seasoning, or use the salmon to make fish tacos
Make a beurre blanc for a more elegant entrée, or go Asian style with a homemade ginger and soy sauce marinade.
How to Cook Salmon in the Air Fryer
- Season the salmon and place it in a preheated air fryer.
- Cook until heated through and the skin is crispy (as per recipe below).
Quick-cooking vegetables like air fryer asparagus, small pieces of broccoli or sliced zucchini can also be added to the air fryer.
How to Make Perfect Air Fryer Salmon
- Choose clean, brightly colored salmon filets and make sure they don’t have soft spots or discoloration.
- Leave the skin on for flavor and to benefit from its high protein and Omega-3 content.
- Pat the salmon pieces dry before cooking to help the oil and seasonings stick.
- Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. As soon as its cooked, remove the salmon from air fryer basket so it doesn’t continue cooking.
- Cook salmon to an internal temperature of 145°F.
Air fryer salmon will keep for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator sealed in a zippered bag or airtight container.
Delicious Salmon Dishes to Try!
More Air Fryer Seafood Recipes
Did your family love this Air Fryer Salmon? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer Salmon
This Air Fryer Salmon is tender, flaky, and cooked to perfection!
Rub the seasoning mixture over the salmon filets, coating them generously.Cook the salmon for 6-9 minutes, or until cooked through. The exact cooking time will depend on the thickness of the salmon fillets and the temperature of the air fryer.Carefully remove the salmon from the air fryer basket and serve immediately.
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
Brush salmon with olive oil.
In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, garlic powder, and lemon pepper. Sprinkle over salmon filets.
Place lemon slices in the air fryer basket and place the salmon filets on top.
Cook 6 to 9 minutes* or just until cooked through. Do not overcook.
Place the thermometer in the thickest part of the salmon and remove when the internal temp is 145° F.
If left in the basket the salmon will continue to cook; once it’s done, remove from the basket immediately.
Calories: 338 | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 77mg | Potassium: 908mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 68IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.